22 February 2012

Not your typical Navy Girlfriend..

I would like to start off this blog by saying that I don't think I'm your typical Navy Girlfriend.

My sailor, S, and I have been together for 13 months. We met at the beginning of 2011 when we were both new to the Charleston Area. I had moved here because I had forever wanted to move somewhere south, sunny, and warm. I had friends that had relocated here after attending college with me at the University of Connecticut and what better place to go than somewhere where you already have a great circle of friends.

S had spent the last five years doing his submarine tour in Washington State. Recently divorced and looking for a new start, he moved to Charleston for shore-duty. He is loving life on shore and his new job as an instructor at the Naval Nucleur Power Training Command (NNPTC) on the Naval Weapons Station here in Charleston.

I won't say that our relationship has been perfect - we've had our ups and downs, but in the end we love each other unconditionally and I am ready to take on whatever the Navy throws at me.

No comments:

 
Blogging tips