April 3, 2012

Workin' on my fitness!

Recently, S and I have taken up Bikram Yoga or "hot yoga". There is a great little studio downtown and we came across a Groupon for 10 classes so we decided to give it a shot! I love that S is willing to try anything once and in this case, he likes it just as much as I do :) We have been trying to workout and get back in shape for a while now and are always looking for new things to do. My current regimen is run the bridge two days a week and yoga two days a week and anything else is just a bonus (soon we will start bootcamp two days a week on the beach instead of running.) We've also been keeping food journals and trying to eat healthy. Eating healthy is NOT easy to do when you live in a fantastic city with TONS of great restaurants!

For those who are not familiar with Bikram Yoga, it basically consists of a routine of 26 poses done while in a 105 degree room at 40% humidity. Yes, I said 105 degrees! You ask, am I crazy? No. Maybe? You can't beat the feeling of sweating all those toxins and who knows what else. You can't beat the feeling after you finish (and once you've entered the air-conditioned lobby area). I just know I won't be able to give it up after 10 classes though and this is not cheap unfortunately.

What do y'all do to stay in shape?

No comments:

 
Blogging tips