October 30, 2012

InstaTuesday!


I meant to share these photos a little while back, but I just never got around to it. I picked up these super cute flats at Steve Madden and the purse at the Vera Bradley outlet back when we visited Naples (ps - is it cheating if they are technically not Instagram photos?)



I thought they were all really great fall pieces!

I am very excited for tonight as it is going to be my first session with a trainer at Amped Fitness here in Charleston. I've never worked out with a trainer before, but I know that now is the time. I am in serious need of someone whipping me into shape and while I don't know if I plan on doing this for the long-term, I know that it is going to take someone other than just myself to help me get motivated. I am hoping to lose 20 lbs. by Christmas. It would be a great feeling to go home and have people who I haven't seen in a while, tell me that I look great. I know that might sound prentencious, but I need to feel good about myself again.

Another great reason for me to get into shape:

Weapons of Mass Reduction Fitness Challenge!

My girl, Becca, over at Southern Roots and Combat Boots is hostessing a little 30-day fitness challenge. My goal is to lose 10 lbs. by the end of this challenge which started yesterday. Wish me luck! And also, any healthy recipes for meals/snacks or other advice would be greatly appreciated :)

**Note to Becca: Sorry for not promoting the contest sooner, I didn't have my laptop while we were out of town =\

I have not been feeling good about myself (having to buy up a size in pants is not uplifting.) I used to play sports in high school and was always very active. As the years passed by, I found it harder and harder to make use of my gym membership and finally cancelled it. I'm sure most of you know what I mean when I say it's hard to find the energy to workout while working full-time and still finding time to cook dinner, do laundry, and all the other fun, social things that we like to do. I just have to keep reminding myself how much better and healthier I'll feel in the end. Not to mention that if there is a wedding dress and babies in my future, I best be getting started now! I also plan to document my progress to some extent in my blog, so feel free to cheer me on! ;)

Ok, sorry to turn this fun InstaTuesday post into a blah, I feel terrible about myself post. I know it's only Tuesday, but hope everyone is having a great week so far!




6 comments:

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

Good luck with your trainer!! I have a friend who lost about 25-30 pounds by running and doing 1200 calories a day. I always say I'm going to attempt to loose 10, but honestly I love sweets way too much! But I understand how you feel. My favorite jeans are just a bit too tight through the butt/hips this year.

We all know Charleston food is the most fattening :)


Xo-L
simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Sami said...

I'm so obsessed with Vera Bradley & flats!

I hope your training session goes over well!

Jen said...

Those shoes are so cute! I love a good pair of flats. :)

Jane said...

I love those shoes! Steve Madden is always great! And that bag!! Ah you are making me want to run out and go shopping NOW! lol

Unknown said...

No biggie girlie! We had a fabulous response anyhow! Thank you for posting <3 You're doing fantastic! I bet that cute lil' puppy is requiring a lot of walking too so I know you're getting your exercise, hee hee!

Nicole said...

Good luck on your fitness goal and challenge. Working out is difficult to fit in when you are working full time. I wish you the best. Stopping by from Wednesday Walkabout.

 
Blogging tips