October 15, 2012

Weekend update!

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually posting ON TIME about the weekend! Go me :)

Friday night, S and I had a great night. He was craving sushi and I wanted hibachi so we decided on Wasabi downtown. Once we got to the restaurant and I started looking at the menu, I decided that I couldn't pass up their sushi and got that as well. I have to say though, I was pretty disappointed. I should have gone with the hibachi after all. I got the Love Honey roll and some kind of shrimp roll, not impressed.

Also, while at the restaurant (I wish I had a picture), there was a girl that came and sat with a group at a table close by us. I could have SWORN it was Leighton Meester. I was convinced it was her! I was even searching on my phone during dinner to see if there was any news of her being in Charleston. I thought it had to be her for sure. S wasn't too thrilled about the fact that I was doing this, but I have watched hours upon hours of Gossip Girl, it's one of my favorite shows! In the end, I don't think it was her after all, but she definitely has a twin here haha.

Once we got home, we just had a quiet night in. S got the new Tiger Woods game for PS3 so he's all about playing that game. I'll watch for a little, but I'm always so exhausted, I always just fall asleep on the couch on Friday nights (I feel soo old....)

On Saturday, we got up kind of early, S wanted to go fishing again. We picked up some bagels for breakfast and some other snacks then headed back out to the beach. It was a beautiful day and I was hoping that I would be able to get some more reading and tanning in, but it was soooo windy. I pretty much stayed wrapped up in my beach blanked with a hoodie on the whole time. I brought a couple magazines and watched S fish.

After we had been there for about an hour or so, he finally thought he had something. There weren't many people at the beach that day, but it had started to pick up around this time. By the time S had the fish out of the water, there were probably about 15 people standing around him, it was pretty exciting. The fish was a Red Drum aka "red fish" and it was over 36" long and had to weigh close to, if not more, than 20 lbs. Check it out!


 So proud :)


On Saturday night, we headed over to our friends Jeremy and Nicole's house for their "post wedding party". It was nice to see them and a few other friends that S works with. I finally got to wear my skinnies and boots and I can honestly say I was freeeezing that night. I had to crank the heat on the way home, I just couldn't get rid of the chill!

On Sunday, we had invited a bunch of friends over for Sunday Funday. We brought our bedroom tv downstairs so we could have two football games going at once and we had a house full of good food and good friends, it was very fun.

In other news, you may remember me talking about us getting a puppy a little while back. S has been on my back about it for a pretty long time. He goes through phases where he'll talk a lot about it then stop for a while. Well, the other night he brought it up again, but this time he was very serious about it. I think he just doesn't feel right not having a pet to care for since he grew up on a farm with cats, dogs, and many other animals.

We had talked about getting a German Short-Haired Pointer. I think they are beautiful dogs, from what I understand, they have a good temperament and although they are hunting dogs, they make great family pets. A couple days after our conversation, S was talking to his dad up in Kentucky and he said that a friend of his from work just had a litter of GSPs. The owner sent us some pictures and we picked out one that we like. Since we are going to be up in Kentucky next weekend, it worked out perfectly that we would be able to bring it home with us.

We talked about names a little bit, but this is seriously like S's baby and he wants to "wait to see what the personality is like before we commit". We talked about Scout or Gunner, but we'll see I guess haha. Here is a pic of our little guy!


I've never really been a dog person, but I feel this could cause me to convert. I can't get over how cute this little guy is and I know that he's going to be even CUTER in person. All I can think about is taking him to the dog park, on runs/walks, and snapping all kinds of cute little pics. I know that he is going to make S super happy so how can I not love him, too :)

Last order of business: I finally decided on a dress for Keeneland! Now that I am officially obsessed with Rent the Runway, I have been stalking their site for every occasion I can think of. I decided on this little Anna Sui number....





I know it's quite different from what I was originally thinking, but I think it's going to be perfect and I really wanted something that would match my boots. I didn't want anything with too full a skirt, because I know I will have to wear a sweater or jacket over it and I will also bring tights just in case I get cold. Now, I just need to find a jacket or sweater to wear with it!

Oh, I also made a my first Etsy purchase last week! I wanted it for the racetrack and just in general because I think Kentucky will be a little colder this time of year than South Carolina. I'm really loving the color cream right now (as well as burgundy) and I think it would make a very versatile piece. How could I resist a handmade crocheted scarf for $35! I think it was a great deal.


Hope everyone had a great weekend and Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Jen said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! The puppy is precious and the dress is beautiful! :)

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

I'm not a fan of Wasabi's sushi either!! Sushi Taro in Mount Pleasant is delicious though, you should try it out :)

Xo-L
simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

smug princess said...

A puppy? TJ is going to be SO jealous. It's so cute!

Wish we could have been there for football on Sunday. Next time!

Kiki said...

The puppy is so cute and that fish is gynormous!! Love that infiniti scarf!

Xo

followed you
glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

 
Blogging tips