December 12, 2012

Random Wednesday/ Wednesday Walkabout...

Random Wednesday thoughts:

1.) Dear self, Anyone working in downtown Charleston should never purchase pants that are too long to wear with flats and/or can only be worn with heels. Skirts or ankle pants are a MUCH better option. Also, did you think that you were going to be able to get away with not purchasing another umbrella for this long? Don't be silly.

2.) Christmas cards have been sent out.

3.) Our Vermont snowboard trip has been officially booked. We are staying for two nights here and one relaxing night here. We have also purchased our two-day lift passes to Stratton Mountain!

4.) I got my brand new MacBook Pro a couple weeks ago. How did I forget to mention this?! It's the 13" and I absolutely love it. I am/was really disappointed about what happened to my old one, but I have moved on.


5.) My December Birchbox came in the mail yesterday, see below.


The products I received this month include:
  • amika Obliphica Nourishing Mask (for hair)
  • Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream (for face)
  • Juicy Couture perfume {I surprisingly actually really like this! I expected a more fruity, sweet scent, but it's actually more of a "blend of sweet and floral notes". It is described as "sophisticated and feminine" and I agree.)
  • ModelCo SHINE Ultra Lip Gloss {I LOVE lip gloss!}

In addition, the box included a dark chocolate peppermint fortune cookie by Emily's (YUM!) and a $50 gift card to Rent the Runway. Even if you have only been reading my blog for a short amount of time, you know that I loveee Rent the Runway so this is perfect!

Which leads me to random thought #6:
Since we decided not to spend New Year's in Vermont, we are going to be spending it with my cousin and his family in New York and they are having a big fancy party which means.....a sparkly dress! I am soo glad that I found RTR. If you've never checked it out and go to a lot of weddings, special events, etc. You must see for yourself. And by the way, I would love any suggestions for a NYE dress!

If you are stopping by for Random Wednesday or Wednesday Walkabout, please don't forget to say "hello!" Hope everyone is having a great day!






10 comments:

Jen said...

I love my Macbook Pro!! :) Yay for getting yours.

Caitlin A. Cleland said...

I love my Macbook Pro too! It's such a great investment. Have you heard of Earndit? You can link your RunKeeper, Nike+, Fitbit, or lots of other workout programs to it and it gives you points for each workout/run. I just used my points the other day for $50 RTR credit, all because I've been racking up miles. :)

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

I couldn't get used to a Macbook, so I went back to a PC! So jealous about your New Year's in NYC!!!!

xo-L

simplylowcountry.blogspot.com

Christine said...

I've been looking at RTR for a long time now but haven't actually used it yet! Still looking for the right occasion... Love your blog, by the way! I'm your newest subscriber; I found you through the Wednesday Walkabout :)

-Christine
amasterism.blogspot.com

Rach said...

Congrats on getting your Christmas cards out! We just sent ours out too. :) Your Vermont trip sounds super exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it!

smug princess said...

Damn girl. You're a world traveler (almost). I got my Christmas card today!!!

The Better Belle Project said...

I love my macbook pro, somehow just using them instead of a pc makes me feel more productive! haha

Jamie said...

How fun that you get to wear a pretty sparkly dress! I'll probably be in sweats :)

Meg said...

My boyfriend loves skiing and is a huge Stratton fan! You are going to have a great time :) Found you through the Walkabout and am now following!

Have a great Thursday.

Meg
myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com

Because Shanna Said So said...

Yay for the sparkly dress on NYE!! And I want to go snow boarding with you. How fun!!!! Thanks so much for linking up!!

 
Blogging tips