December 26, 2012

Wednesday Walkabout!

Happy day after Christmas! It has been a non-stop, crazy weekend and then some. I have lots of pictures to post, but I'll try to do them in a few different posts as to not overload everyone. I know it's been a while since I posted anything of substance so here is a little summary of what's been going on since I arrived in CT last Thursday.

 First things first. On Friday morning, after my dental cleaning, I decided it was time to dye my hair back to au natural. My highlights have been growing out quite a bit and I was tired of the pseudo-ombre look. Color before/after (I look so much better with a tan):

 I also had a haircut scheduled for Saturday morning and wanted to get the color out of the way before my cut. Cut before/after (apparently I get paler by the day up north):

After getting all prettied up, I needed to finish Christmas shopping. I just love all the Christmas decorations at my home mall, it's over-the-top compared to back home in Charleston.

I also picked up a little something for myself, to always keep my sailor close to my heart.

Another reminder that I am back home in Connecticut, I saw this in the TJ Maxx parking lot. God bless those children and their families. Pay it forward.

On Sunday, I took the train into the city with one of my besties to see the tree in Rockefellar Center and have a scrumptious lunch at one of my favorite places, the Todd English Food Hall at the Plaza Hotel.


So many yummy things to choose from!

Chicken parm sliders (minus the one I already ate) and parmesan fries (not pictured), YUM!

I spent Christmas Eve with my goddaughter, Madelyn, and her family. Sadly, I don't have any pictures, but I do plan on getting over to see them again before I leave.


Christmas day was spent at home with my mom, dad, and brother. We had snow overnight and I was lucky to wake up to a white Christmas!

Mom's gift to Gunner:

Delicious treats by my momma and I:


We opened gifts, had dinner with my uncle and grandma then afterwards went to visit my grandpa in the hospital. He was in good spirits and ate his entire turkey dinner. I also just got word today that he was released from the hospital and is back home which is very good news :)

S comes to CT on Saturday and I.can't.wait. I don't want to rush this vacation, but I just can't wait to see my sailor and celebrate Christmas with him<3

From what I've read so far today, sounds like everyone has had a great holiday. Hopefully I'll be back into regular blogging mode again soon.

If you are stopping by for Wednesday Walkabout, don't forget to say hello!







10 comments:

Caitlin A. Cleland said...

Sounds like a great Christmas! I am loving your new hair color! Sooo pretty!

Meg said...

Ahhh West Farms! Doesn't the Santa-land look so cool this year? I went to a Christmas party for the production company that created it and their workshop was AMAZING! And I love your haircut AND that pet bandana AND your Christmas tree AND that anchor (I have an anchor tattoo). All around I love that you're enjoying CT!

Angela said...

I love the anchor necklace! SO pretty! I am stopping by from the Wednesday Walkabout and am now following. I would love for you to stop by my blog and follow along.
Angela

Jen said...

Sounds like a wonderful Christmas and that necklace is gorgeous, you deserve it. :)

Rach said...

Aww, looks like such a wonderful Christmas! Love your hair!! :)

Angie R. said...

Stopping by from the Walkabout. Looks like you had a great Christmas! I am jealous of your white Christmas. I live in South GA and don't think I have ever seen a white Christmas. :(

Jamie said...

Your new necklace is awesome!

Kelly said...

I love your new cut and color, really pretty!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes 
500 Follower Kate Spade Giveaway

Meagan Ashley said...

love your anchor necklace!!!!

Kate said...

I got distracted by the anchor necklace. So pretty!

 
Blogging tips