January 14, 2013

Weekend Update!

Happy Monday yall! This weekend went by wayyyy too fast and I didn't even get a chance to sleep in so I'm pretty bummed about that. At least next weekend is a LONG weekend and hopefully full of rest and relaxation. 

We had beautiful weather in Charleston and I was happy that we got a chance to get out and enjoy it. Friday night was a low key night and we got some pizza takeout. S went fishing with a friend early Saturday morning then I met up with them for lunch at Taco Boy at Folly. I couldn't get over how many people were at the beach on Saturday. It was a really pretty day, but I thought it was still a little chilly by the water.. On Saturday night, we went out with a group of friends to dinner at Jim N Nick's then to see Blue Man Group. We had a great time!

On Sunday, we got up bright and early and drove out to the North Carolina line to pick up Gunner. We also had brunch with S's fam and his SIL and her mom, too. I'm so happy to have our puppy back and I can't believe how much he's grown. He doesn't really look like a puppy anymore :( I guess he's more of a teenager now haha.


 Folly Beach

 My outfit for Saturday night.. Including the necklace that I got from Brittany over at Then There Was We (I still have yet to do a post about my secret Santa gift from her, but I haven't forgoten! Also, sorry for the horrible bathroom pic, it was a last minute idea.)
(I got an autograph :p )

Blue Man Group
On our way home on Sunday with Gunner!

I did some meal prep for the week on Sunday night and tried out a new marinade for shrimp and chicken yum! :) You can find the recipe here.

One last thing:
Last night I attempted to make a refrigerator oatmeal recipe, which was an epic fail. Here is the recipe that I used (I doubled it though.) I followed it exactly except for the chia seeds because I couldn't find them at the Commisary, but I didn't think that would matter. The cereal didn't seem to absorb the liquid at all and it certainly didn't thicken up at all. I looked up a few other recipes for the same thing and a lot of them say to use greek yogurt and milk. I can't figure out why this went wrong :( Could it be the type of oatmeal I used?

Has anyone tried this before? Have any ideas what could have gone wrong?

 
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Jen said...

That marinade looks amazing, I love trying new things. :)

ms.composure said...

stumbled on your blog!
That dog is ADORABLE!!!


New follower via email! :-)

http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
http://www.infinitelifefitness.com

Anonymous said...

hey girl!!!!

nice to find another military lady (: thanks for stopping by and glad i found you!

Kaitlyn

Helene said...

omg your dog is GORGEOUS!!
blue man group sounds like a blast!
Helene in Between

Meg said...

You looked so pretty!! And I love your puppy, what a sweet guy!

Megan said...

Gunner is SO SO precious!! He looks like a little sweetheart!

Sarah said...

Visiting from the blog hop :)

I've seen Blue Man Group before and loved it! Such a great show!!

-Sarah @ A Buckeye in Badgerland

The Better Belle Project said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Is the fishing good in Charleston? Also, Gunner looks so cute and BIG!!

I made overnight oats a few days ago - I just used a ½ cup rolled oats (not quick cooking) ½ cup plain Greek yogurt ½ cup milk, a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, then added some frozen fruit - saran wrapped the top and let them sit overnight... it worked fine, maybe try it that way?

Janna Renee said...

I think it might be the Oats, because I have tried it many times and usually when oats meet liquid they soak it right up! I'm jealous y'all saw Blue Man Group! I've always wanted to see them!

henning love said...

that marinade for the chicken and shrimp looks yummy, will definitely have to marinate some meat soon! and gunner is so sweet looking, i sometimes wish my dogs could go back to that puppy stage, i miss that stage

 
Blogging tips