March 28, 2013

**Gardening**

Hey y'all! So now that we have this house and all, you're probably going to be hearing a lot about it (sorry I'm not sorry.) One thing that I've never really been that interested in, but have discovered a new found excitement for, is gardening. Way back when, in a previous house that I lived in, I had planted some roses once and they actually did very well. I am looking forward to sprucing up the beds in the front of our new house as well as planting some veggies and herbs in the backyard.

S and I were chatting the other day and decided on a few things that we would like to plant including tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos, squash, onions, basil, rosemary, etc. For flowers, I would love to plant roses, lavender, hydrangeas, forget-me-nots.  Who knows if and when we'll get to plant all of these things, but we can dream for now, right?

I know 'Oh, How Pinteresting' was yesterday, but as I was scouring Pinterest, I found some great Gardening tips that I'd love to share.
  
Some great tips on growing herbs!


Secrets to tomato-growing success. 


Growing Cucumbers..


Herb Garden Planter

Roses

Hydrangeas

Lavender

Sea Holly

Forget-Me-Nots


Do any of you enjoy gardening or have any tips for a beginner???


PS - Don't forget to link-up tomorrow for Fitness Friday! Today is also the last day for our FF Giveaway and we will be announcing the winner tomorrow!


Honor Courage Commitment


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

Lisa C said...

We started a garden last year. My biggest tips are to plant stuff you're going to use (if you're planting food items) and to water your garden. It's amazing how quickly you forget to do that.

Kristen said...

Love this! I didn't used to be into gardening but I've seen so many things I like so I changed my mind lol. I've pinned a lot of gardening stuff & can't wait til we actually buy a house instead of just lease so I can actually beautify our yard! :)

Anonymous said...

I want to start a garden so bad but I'm pretty terrible when it comes to that sort of stuff. I have no tips!

Jen said...

Yay for gardening! Kyle and I are going to build a garden box when he gets home.

Susannah said...

I have a black thumb but I still dream of having a garden someday!

Julie-Becoming A Navy Wife said...

We just started an herb garden! It doesn't look nearly as good as any of those photos but its still standing surprisingly as our pup is back there all the time!!!

 
Blogging tips