March 26, 2013

**New House Update!!**

Although I realize now that I haven't really posted much about it on my blog, over the past couple months I have really been stressing about where S and I were going to be moving to next. S and I will be in Charleston for at least another year, but we just couldn't imagine staying in the tiny townhouse that S originally moved into with his brother over a year ago. His brother has long since moved out and I moved in a little under a year ago, however, we quickly realized that we were growing out of that place and fast. 

I guess that's what happens when you try and combine two fully furnished apartments into one. We both got rid of a bunch of stuff, but we were still having a difficult time with the lack of storage.

S and I both had "must-haves" that we wanted in a new home. S wanted a single family house with a fenced in backyard for Gunner and I wanted a much bigger, open kitchen with lots of cabinets. We both also wanted a guest bedroom and maybe an additional bedroom and/or garage for storage. After about 2 1/2 months of looking, we finally found the perfect place!



It's a single family house with a fenced-in backyard just like S wanted....

And it has a nice big, open kitchen with lots of cabinet space just like I wanted! In addition, it has three bedrooms, two baths, and a two car garage.

Don't mind these terrible pictures, they are the ones that the owner used in the listing of the house, they are not mine nor is any of the stuff in the house ours.

We already put down our security deposit and signed the lease to move in April 15. I cannot wait to decorate, plant flowers, and make this house our home.

More updates and pictures to come!

 
PS - Don't forget to enter our  Fitness Friday Giveaway! The winner will be announced during Fitness Friday at the end of this week!



Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

Stephanie said...

Which neighborhood? We have the same floor plan, and we LOVE it. It's a small house, but the floor plan is so open. We are in West Ashley. Congratulations!

Stacy Kinard said...

New reader to your blog. (Not a follower yet b/c I am lazy and haven't set up my bloglovin account-lol) but LOVE the house!! I'm a Charleston girl too! Looks like a Tanner house! So exciting!!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations!!! That open concept kitchen and living room looks amazing. And the front is really cute too! I know you'll have fun there.

Heather said...

I found your blog through Domesticated Working Woman's blog! Congrats on your new house - it's beautiful! I've got to say, with the 5" of counter space I have in my apartment's kitchen, I'm drooling over that kitchen!

Heather

Kelly said...

Hey Heather, thanks for stopping by!! Thanks for the congrats, we are SUPER excited. I am sooo over having a teenie kitchen and I'm so happy to finally have a "grown-up" house haha.

Lisa C said...

So exciting! Congrats :)

Wine and Summer said...

Ah so exciting! The house is gorgeous! Congrats girl.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I am SO jealous of your screened in porch!!! It's always so exciting finding a new place. We are moving into a bigger home in June and I cannot wait!

Jen said...

Yay! I love the house, it's beautiful! Congrats. :)

Kerr said...

I am jealous of your yard and garage!

Julie-Becoming A Navy Wife said...

Kelly the house is AMAZING!!! I am so happy for you guys!!! The screened in porch is perfect. I wish we had one!!!

Lori Carey said...

Cute! From one Carolina girl to another - congrats on your new home!

Unknown said...

New follower :) Charleston is our dream duty station! We're headed to Cape Cod this summer though.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Blogging tips