March 21, 2013

**Random Thursday?**

I've been kind of a bad blogger this week, I haven't really had a whole lot on my mind to write about.  Actually, I have had a couple things on my mind so it's probably just that I haven't thought of an organized manner in which to write them down. Thus, my random Thursday post:

The Strawberry Mango smoothie I made this morning tastes like candy (strawberries, mango chunks, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, 1 cup light vanilla soy milk), YUM!

My blog has surpassed 10,000 views, which I think is pretty cool! For all I know that is probably nothing compared to others hah.


S did not pass the Chief exam and is SUPER bummed about it. Luckily, he still has one more chance to take it before having to go back to the boat. He also has an opportunity to put in for OCS so here's hoping that one of those opportunities works out. It makes my heart hurt for him and I can't stand to see others being rewarded when they should be getting reprimanded. It's sad that a promotion can't be based on merit alone, but also a stupid test score (S was 1.02 points away from making it.) I wish I could walk right in there and give someone a piece of my mind. S is beyond deserving of it and it makes me sick to think that nothing can be done. Welcome to the Navy!  /rant


I have three events coming up that I need a dress for: Easter, Submarine Ball, a May wedding. I can't wait for all three and am hoping to find a cute dress to rent for each. My current visions for each are:

 
From left to right: Submarine Ball, Easter, Wedding option #1, Wedding option #2
(All dresses are from renttherunway.com of course)

I am really feeling the bright colors for Spring, especially coral. I'm always a blue fan if you haven't noticed already :p


 
Tomorrow is Fitness Friday! We will be announcing a "Fitness" giveaway so don't forget to stop by and link up!!



Honor Courage Commitment



Also, registration has begun for the Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. I haven't registered yet, but do plan on running this race. It will be my first half marathon and I'm SUPER excited! Anyone else planning on running it or want to participate with me????


That's all I got for now. Hope y'all are having a great week!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe I'm sorry he didn't make it!

Love all those dresses! Girl you got style.

Meg said...

OH MY GOSH - you're running in the Wine and Dine??? I already signed up for the half, and my parents, boyfriend and I are signed up for the 5k!!

Lisa C said...

Hope something works out for him! OCS is a great avenue for a career.

Jane said...

I am SO jealous of your dress shopping to come. I have no excuses to buy any dresses anytime soon. And the Wine and Dine looks like SO much fun! I can't wait to hear about that!

smug princess said...

OMG a wine and dine?!? I heard of their princess 5k, but not this one. I would SO do that!!! Lets!!!

The Better Belle Project said...

Sorry again about S not making it, that really sucks, but I'm sure he'll be back on track in no time! I cannot wait to start linking up again with your Fitness Friday posts! I swear, once we get to Oklahoma I'm gonna be a fitness machine!! haha

 
Blogging tips