March 12, 2013

**Sweet Home, South Carolina**

Linking up today with Helene for Travel Tuesdays!


If you are a loyal reader of Honor Courage Commitment, you might remember that last week I had a friend in town visiting from home. I had put together sample itinerary to outline some of the ideas that I had in mind for us to do while she was here. We obviously didn't get to do everything, but here is a re-cap of everything that we did get to do :)


C arrived on Friday evening and we headed straight to Jim N Nick's downtown. We are lovers of barbeque so this was the perfect way to start out her visit. It had been a long day so instead of staying out late that night, we decided to head home and relax with a glass of wine so we could get an early start on Saturday.
 
 S was so sweet and made us ladies breakfast. We then headed back downtown so C could see all that Charleston has to offer. We walked around the Battery, up through Waterfront Park, down through the Market then shopped around on King St.

C's first pecan praline ever.

Waterfront Park


The weather wasn't that great and it was pretty cold out so we decided to head back home and relax before getting ready to head back downtown for dinner at Coast Bar & Grill, one of our faves.


In the morning, we headed out to one of our favorite brunch places, Water's Edge, in Mt. Pleasant. They have an awesome brunch buffet and you can't beat the view on the creek.


After brunch, we headed out to Magnolia Plantation. The weather turned overcast and it got pretty chilly again. I wish we had better weather for C's visit, but it was still really pretty. I also found out that I can get in for FREE with a guest using my work ID :)


Magnolia Plantation
Upper left: S with his new deer friend
Upper right: His new friend trying to steal my tea.


 Pretty flowers from around the Plantation.

After freezing our butts off at the plantation, we headed out to California Dreamin' for dinner on the water.


C and I decided to get in a workout in the morning and afterward, we headed out to Mt. Pleasant for lunch at The Shelter (loved it) and Isle of Palms.

Glad we had some better weather on Monday and Tuesday.

S was being a bum and wanted to go home, so we dropped him off then headed back out to kill some time before dinner. I wasn't really sure where to take her since Charleston isn't really that big and we had already seen quite a bit. I decided that since I had never really been, we could take a drive out to Fresh Fields Village at Kiawah and check out the beach at Beachwalker County Park. It turned out to be a great idea because I scored the cutest spring Lilly top on sale and we got to see some dolphins!




After we returned home and since Monday night was C's last night, we decided to take her to another one of our favorite restaurants, The Wild Olive. It was a-maz-ing as always.



Tuesday was the end of C's visit, but we were still ambitious and got in another workout that morning. After yoga, we went out to Folly Beach so C could check out the pier. We then grabbed lunch and some margaritas at Taco Boy.

We didn't have a ton of time that afternoon before we had to head to the airport, but we did have a little bit to sneak in a visit to the Angel Oak (a 400 year old Live Oak, it was incredible).





That pretty much concludes C's visit. We had a great time as just as we always do when we have visitors :)

 


Helene in Between

12 comments:

Pink and Green Mom said...

Awww, looks like y'all had a great time! I'm gonna have to try all these restaurants you've mentioned!

Rach said...

The picture of the deer trying to steal your tea is hilarious! And that tree is AMAZING! So huge!

Meg said...

Oh my gosh, I miss pralines soooo much! I didn't become allergic to tree nuts until college, so I know what I'm missing. They used to be one of my favorite parts of visiting SC! Looks like C had a great trip - what great hosts you were!

That Angel Oak is absolutely amazing, too.

Helene said...

ohhh those pralines look divine! what a fun time! i have yet to go to South carolina, i need to go!

Jen said...

So fun! Looks like an absolutely wonderful time. :)

Anna @ The Things I'm Learning said...

Your post has me craving Charleston - and one of those delicious pralines from the corner of the market!

Jess said...

Is it bad to choose where you want to travel next based on food? Because I could really go for one of those pecan pralines, and that seafood!

My travel tuesday post: Some Snapshots Blog
Jess

Unknown said...

I have wanted to go to Charleston for a couple years now. We thought we would be able to go this summer, but a long vacation isn't in the cards for us this year. IT looks so beautiful!

Julie-Becoming A Navy Wife said...

The pecan praline looks magnificent!!! I have never had one before but dear lord I hope I do soon!!! I'm so glad you had fun with your friend…the pictures are so great! I still wish Charleston SOUTH CAROLINA would have been on our trip rather than Charleston West Virginia (wah wah wah) lol.

The Better Belle Project said...

That oak tree is unbelievable... I cannot wait to live in this gorgeous little city!

Alex, Speaking Denglish said...

Ah y'all did so much, how beautiful and fun!

Mrs. Lamm said...

I miss home!!! I grew up there!

 
Blogging tips