May 3, 2013

**Fitness Friday, Week #22 - Guest Post!**

Hope you all have had a great (and healthy) week!


Honor Courage Commitment

Honor Courage Commitment




Some of you may know Lindsay, from Domesticated Working Woman, who co-hosts Fitness Friday with me. She so graciously agreed to guest post for me today and I really hope you all enjoy what she has to share!

Also, we are going to continue to linkup this month for 50 miles in 30 days! So if you "fell off the wagon" last month, didn't quite hit your goal, or just want to participate again, you can fine the button here.

I'll stop talking now so you can check out Lindsay's awesome post....

----------

Hi Honor, Courage, Commitment readers!  I'm Lins and I blog over at Domesticated Working Woman.  

I was very excited to guest post for Kelly because we have so much in common and, just recently, we even got to meet in person!  I like to talk a lot about a healthy lifestyle including exercise, healthy eating, and inner strength!  I think its so important that we, as modern day women, focus on our goals and our desire to be the best woman we can be!  I hope you stop by sometime and visit my little space!

Recently, I embarked on the Whole 30 Challenge and I have learned soooo much from this experience. Its amazing how food has control over more than just our waistband.  It controls our moods, sleep patterns, and general well-being.  You can see my weekly recaps here, here, and here.  I will be posting soon about all the things I learned through this experience so be sure to pop back in if you're interested!

It's so easy to get hung up on fads, diets, and trends in the food world; but, it's really important that you find what works for you.  Here are some tips for figuring out a healthy lifestyle that fits your life style.


  • Consider how much time you can commit to food prep each week.  Set aside an afternoon or evening each week to prepare meals.
  • Prep food as soon as you get home from the grocery store.  Wash and cut fruit and veggies.  Marinate meat.  Bag and freeze smoothie ingredients.  etc.
  • Understand that "convenience foods" aren't really that convenient.  It takes 17-20 minutes to cook a frozen pizza and only about 10 minutes to cook a chicken breast.
  • Keep fresh fruits and veggies prepped and out where you can see them.  My fruit basket is the first thing you see when you walk in my kitchen.  Use clear containers in the refrigerator so you grab for those healthy snacks first.
  • Don't be afraid to experiment with recipes.  As long as you're using whole foods, it is generally going to be healthy.  

Here are some of my favorite recipes...
Buffalo Garlic Shrimp

Broccoli Pasta

Quinoa Kale & Cranberry Salad

I hope you enjoy!  If you try one of the recipes, be sure to pop in and let me know what you think!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

That broccoli pasta looks good!

Rach said...

Your buffalo garlic shrimp looks so great!

Janna Renee said...

Aww I love Lindsay and these are great tips!

 
Blogging tips