June 11, 2013

Summer Kickoff Virtual 5k!

I've been so excited about this linkup for the last week and am so happy that it's finally here! I am linking up with Kristine over at Heart Shaped Sweat for the very first Summer Kickoff Virtual 5k!


I ran my 5k last Monday and finished in 36:38. I wasn't thrilled with my overall time and am not really sure what happened with my Map My Run app in the process :(


I ran on a Monday and although I was feeling a little tired and sluggish, I decided to head out for a run anyway. I was feeling so good and running at a great pace (for me) so I decided to stretch it out and make it my 5k day.

I normally run about a 10:00 - 10:30 minute mile so I was thrilled that I was feeling good at a sub-10 minute mile! I'm not really sure what happened with my third mile split though....I know I did stop for a quick minute or two to stretch, but I certainly did not stop for more than that and I'm pretty sure I was not sprinting at a 5:24 pace at the end lol.

Regardless, I had a great time running last week and look forward to doing it again soon!

Gunner wanted his picture taken, too, apparently :)


Congrats to all who finished the race!!




4 comments:

Heather Fox said...

Good job! I love runs where you feel so good that you just keep on chugging.

Amanda aka Manda said...

Great job!

Ashleigh said...

Awesome job! I love the feeling after a good run!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

You did great!!! It's funny how those apps calculate our runs, I always say the same thing, like no way was my fastest pace that number?!! ha! I'm stoked that you ran sub 10 for two miles, girlfriend that's hard work! Keep at it :) I'm SO happy you signed up and did this 5K with all of us! def add it to the linky!

 
Blogging tips