June 3, 2013

*Weekend Update!*

Hey y'all, hope you had a great weekend! It was another beautiful one here in Charleston and I'm looking forward to many more just like it.

Friday: S and I had a little date night at Carrabba's. Have you ever had their Blackberry Sangria? It's sooo good!

Saturday: S had to teach the sailing course up at the lake so we spend the day up there. In the afternoon, he had his students up for a cookout and we barbecued hot dogs and hamburgers for them.

Later in the evening, we had a couple friends over to our house to cookout and swim at the pool.


Sunday: We went to brunch with our same friends from the night before at Charleston Cafe. I had heard great things about it and was excited to try it for the first time, however, I was a little disappointed. I had the blueberry pancakes, which were one of the specials and they were very dense and heavy and doughy in the middle :( I am willing to give it another try though and will definitely order something different next time.


 Iced Hazelnut Latte at brunch yummm!

In the afternoon, we picked up a few things for the garden at Lowe's and did some stuff around the house. We also made grilled pizzas...again, and they were awesome! I just can't get enough of them and it has quickly become our Sunday night tradition :)




I'm looking forward to running the Summer Kickoff Virtual 5k this week and will be linking up next Tuesday. Good luck to all other participants!



Have a great week!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend! Blackberry Sangria?! Sounds delicious.

Chelsea Phelps said...

My husband and I are dying to visit Charleston! It sounds so pretty!

Jen said...

Sounds like a great weekend and we are trying grilled pizza this weekend! Yay! :)

Kristen said...

Umm...how come I have never heard of this Blackberry Sangria. It sounds amazing. I will make a mental note to check this out. Thanks!!

Caitlin C. said...

That iced hazelnut latte looks amazzzzze!!

Kristine -Heart Shaped Sweat said...

A day at at the lake sounds perfect!! And just like everyone else... I agree, that blackberry sangria sounds amazing! Gooood luck on the 5K!!! Enjoy your run!!

 
Blogging tips