June 17, 2013

*Weekend Update*

Hey y'all! Hope you had a great weekend. We didn't go too far these last couple days, but still had a great time :)

Friday: After work, I met S down at the movie theater so we could check out Man of Steel. It was pretty good! S and I tend to have pretty different taste in movies, but I was up for this one and I'm glad we went to see it.



Saturday: First thing Saturday morning, I had a brunch "blate" with Christy, Heather, and Kate! It was so much fun and I'm so glad I got to meet these gals in person. We ate at Acme Lowcountry Kitchen in Isle of Palms and chatted like old friends, talked a lot about Charleston, and may or may not have tried to convince Kate to move from California to the East Coast ;) I also really hope to get together with Christy and Heather again soon since we all live in the Charleston area; it would be great to have a few more bloggers along, as well!  

Anyone up for a Charleston blogger meet-up???

From left: Me :), Christy, Heather, Kate

After our brunch blate, S and I had plans to meet up with our friends Kara and Jesse at Folly Beach. The boys fished off the beach and caught a bunch of little Whiting. S even caught a baby shark! It was pretty cute :) It was a great, relaxing day with our friends and before heading home, S and I had a little sunset dinner date on the pier at Locklear's. One of my Folly faves.



Sunday: S and I were planning to have a little pool day and grill out so we decided to ring a few friends and ask them to join us. After S finished up a golf outing in the morning and I made a trip to Trader Joe's, two other couples that we are friends with were able to make it over. We had a blast laying out and swimming at the pool as well as cooking up some barbeque chicken, potato salad, and grilled corn on the cob.

Silliness...My two loves<3
Gunner was just loving being held this way, tongue hanging out and all.


Hope you all have a great week!

10 comments:

Meg said...

Grilled corn on the cob is my favorite... well, anything on the grill is, I guess. Looks like a great weekend! Aren't blates so much fun??

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

I would love the have a blogger date :) We should do it!!

Did you eat at ACME Cantina??

The husband wants to see Man of Steel too, but I tend to like comedies haha.. and chick flicks. Dying to see The Internship right now!!!

Xo-L

www.simplylowcountry.com

Kristen said...

Man of Steel was pretty good! I love seeing when people go on blates, so fun :) & baby shark is so cute!

Charleston Girl said...

Hi! I'm here. ;) I promise I'll start blogging again - especially with a post about our blate! I can't wait until our second blate!

And thanks to you, I will probably get no work done this afternoon because I'm going to spend the next few hours catching up on your blog. :)

Let's not wait too long for our next blate... have a great week!

Chelsea Phelps said...

Haha that looks like a happy pup! Sounds like a perfect weekend! :)

The Pink Growl said...

Is that a baby shark??

Pink and Green Mom said...

I'm down for a blogger meet-up!!

Anna @ The Things I'm Learning said...

I'm glad to hear that Man of Steel is good. We went to see The Internship this past weekend and want to see Man of Steel next.

If I lived closer, I'd definitely be up for a meet up!

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh! Look at that tiny baby shark.

Kate said...

I had so much fun on our blate! Can't wait to see you girls again on my next visit!

 
Blogging tips