August 1, 2013

Charleston Foodie Bucket List - Coast

Woo hoo! It's Thursday, which means that tomorrow is Friday and I like the sound of that. S has duty this weekend, but I'm looking forward to spending some girl time with my friend, Krista, and her son, Kai. Kai is seriously one of the cutest kids I know and Krista, who is preggo with #2, just found out she's having a girl! I am sooo excited for her.


Now to the main focus of this post, my Charleston Foodie Bucket List.

I know I need to get going on this thing if I'm going to visit half the restaurants before April! 

Today, I am featuring Coast. I would have to say that this is definitely S's favorite Charleston restaurant and although it's not my #1, it is definitely in my top 3.

 {source}

Tucked away behind 39 Rue de Jean on John St. in downtown Charleston lies a quaint little alley way where you will find the entrance to Coast.

Upon entering the restaurant, you will find an airy outdoor patio where you can choose to dine or you can continue on into the bar area, where they have (in my opinion) the BEST mojitos in town; the Hawaiian Peach is my fave.


Coast also has a pretty extensive wine list as well, if you are looking some great reds and wines

Depending on what type of group you're with, you can choose to eat at one of the open-dining tables in the bar or move on into the dining room for a more intimate atmosphere.


Main Dining Room
 {source}

S and I have dined here on numerous occasions and it's one of our go-to places when we have family and friends in town who are looking to have some great seafood. 

I usually start out with a Mixed Green Salad to go along with the phenomenal Orange and Rosemary bread that they bring out upon your arrival. In addition, we have tried other appetizers such as the Oysters Rockefellar, Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallops and S can't go without ordering some local oysters from the raw bar when they are in season.


Other entrees that either we've tried or family has tried include the Seared Rare Tuna, Shrimp & Stoneground Grits, and several choices from their Smokey Oakwood Grill. 

For the Grill, the options change on a daily basis depending on what is available. S is a huge fan of the Escolar and the Mahi is one of my go-to faves. You will also get a nice serving of seasonal veggies as well as their Parmesan or Blue Cheese mashed potatoes.


For the grilled options, you can also choose which type of sauce you would like with your grilled fish; some of which include remoulade, buerre blanc, tropical salsa, roasted pepper relish, etc.

I highly recommend Coast if you are looking for a great date night spot, a special occasion meal, or if you have peeps in town that want to have some of the freshest seafood around!






1 comment:

Lindsay Erin said...

Love mojitos and oysters! We didn't eat there when we were visiting, but we got oysters at Pearlz and they were awesome! Enjoy your weekend!

 
Blogging tips