August 7, 2013

What I'm Loving Wednesday ~

S and I have been doing our weekly food shopping at Trader Joe's for some time now. We live almost right next to a BI-LO, but I have to say that we get so much more for our money at TJ's! On top of the savings, you just cannot beat their all natural products. It's nice to be able to read the label and know exactly what you're eating.



This week, I thought I would share some our favorite go-to products.

Pizza Veggie Burgers
This is kind of a new found fave. I'm not going to lie, these things are the bomb.com. Topped with a little extra marinara? Oh my goodness sooo good.


Mandarin Orange Chicken
 
I love grabbing a bag of this delicious chicken to whip up for dinner if we are short on time. I love that you cook it in the oven, a slightly healthier choice, and it still comes out nice and crispy.


Roasted Coconut Chips




S discovered these a couple months ago and he absolutely LOVES them. They are slightly sweet, a little bit crunchy and super delicious.


Chipotle Pepper Hummus
 This is definitely one of my faves and I'm sure to pick some up almost every week. This is honestly the best hummus I've ever had.


Frozen fruit: Mango, Pineapple, Strawberries, and Blueberries

 Without fail, I always pick up at least 3 bags of frozen fruit per week. It's a great alternative to using more expensive fresh fruit and it works perfectly in my breakfast smoothies.


Three Cheese Pomodoro Pasta Sauce

Yum, yum, and yum. A few weeks back, I was looking at sauces and was about to buy the Creamy Tomato Basil sauce, until I looked at the calorie content. It had about 40 calories more per serving than the Three Cheese sauce so I opted out of that one. To my delight, the Three Cheese sauce was beyond my expectations! I didn't even feel the need to add more cheese on top because it was just that delicious.


Sparkling Lemonade

This is a great alternative to soda and a slightly less sweet and sugary than juice. It's very refreshing on a hot summer day (can also be used to make cocktails!) The Pink Lemonade flavor is really good, too!


Chicken Tikka Masala

 I loveeeeee Indian food and I love this dinner. It's a great go-to meal if I'm by myself for dinner. It's just enough with maybe a piece of Trader Joe's Naan bread along with it.


I could go on and on about all the products that I LOVE from Trader Joe's, but I'll stop there. We also get our meats, seafood, produce, and vino from TJ's, it's the best. If you haven't yet had a chance to venture over, I would highly recommend it. There is no other place like Trader Joe's.



Disclaimer: All options are my own. I was not asked to do this post, I just genuinely love Trader Joe's.
 






10 comments:

Chelsea Phelps said...

I so wish we had a Trader Joe's! My twin sister goes there weekly and just raves about it. Here's to hoping there is one at our next base! All those foods look so good!

XOXO
Chelsea
http://anchorsaweigh-ouradventure.blogspot.com/

The Pink Growl said...

Knoxville got a TJ's a while ago and I still haven't been! Shame! That hummus sounds DELISH!

Jen said...

I miss having a TJ's close!

Lindsay Erin said...

I get that chicken every time I go because it's so easy (and so yummy!) to whip up on nights I don't have time to cook!

Pink and Green Mom said...

I really hate when I see these posts because then I have to go try all of this stuff :)

Katie said...

We just moved to San Diego and now there are Trader Joe's ALL AROUND us... I swear I go there almost every day. I haven't tried anything on your list yet though, so I will definitely look around for that stuff! Thanks for the tips! :)

Ashley said...

I don't have a Trader Joe's around me but my best friend raves about it. Maybe one day I can shop there!

B @ then there was we said...

we LOVE trader joe's! i'm so sad that neither of our parents live near one so we can't request care packages. :(

Kate said...

LOVE TJs! I want to try that sauce now-three cheese sounds delicious. I love discovering new things there. I just stocked up on the individual pita chips and hummus packs. Perfect snack!

smug princess said...

Is it really cheaper than BiLo? Maybe I need to make a trip over there sometime.

 
Blogging tips