February 22, 2012

A little more about me.

I am originally from Connecticut, born and raised. I graduated from the University of Connecticut with a B.A. in Sociology in 2004 and completed my MBA in 2009. I have been working in Higher Education since I finished grad school. Mostly in Admissions, but I recently landed a state job at the local community college. Although I'm still only considered a contract employee, I'm hoping to be hired full-time permanent very soon. I am hoping that with my education and background, I will be able to work for the Navy some day as a civilian or at least be able to find work wherever we may end up. I definitely want to have kids and soon hopefully, however, I definitely feel the need to work until then and then I'll see where life takes me. I would like to continue in my career, but if I need to spend more time at home with the babies then I am okay with that, too.

S and I have been taking it slow in our relationship, taking into consideration the events that happened in the not-so-distant past. I know that S will only be in Charleston for so long and although I absolutely love this place, I will go wherever he goes. Before the end of his contract, he will have to go back out to sea again. He seems to think that there is a pretty good chance that he will be on a boat out of Kings Bay, GA. I wouldn't say that I am compeltely opposed to moving to GA. We shall see.

So that is my story in a nutshell. I'm hoping to connect with other girlfriends/wives like myself. So if you are out there, feel free to say hello!

No comments:

 
Blogging tips