May 2, 2012

Submarine Birthday Ball and Kentucky-time!

Wow, I've been dying to post about this all week, but I've actually been BUSY at work and haven't had a chance! As you all know, S and I attended the 112th Submarine Birthday Ball in Charleston over the weekend; the ball was a first for both of us. I guess I didn't have any very high expectations, afterall, it was being held on an ancient aircraft carrier sitting in the harbor. It was definitely an awesome thought, but not the most elegent venue haha. Regardless, we had a great time with some great people and you can't beat open bar! Here are some of my favorite pics..







 My very favorite of the night! I just wish it was taken on my camera and not my iPhone for the sake of the picture quality =\






I think the level of alcohol consumption gets more and more obvious in each picture throughout the night! After leaving Patriot's Point and the USS Yorktown, we crossed the bridge over to downtown and enjoyed some more beverages out on the town. It was really fun getting to go out all dressed up!

The next super exciting thing on the agenda is our trip to Kentucky which commences in about 90 minutes! I am very excited to go to my old(new) Kentucky homeeee :) Its like going to my real home, only better! I adore S's parents farm and the area that he grew up in. Its just enough county, but not too far from Lexington/Louisville so we still have access to the city things that we like. I also went and did a little shopping yesterday so I would have some cute outfits to wear when I meet his maternal grandparents for the first time. We will also be attending his little (14 y/o) brother's baseball game on Friday night and since it is Military Appreciation Night, S will be wearing his service uniform. More pictures to come! My mom just eats it up lol, she just loves it when I post them on Facebook. She also relayed to me that my dad commented while looking at the pics and said, "I think I like this guy and I haven't even met him yet!" That, is hilarious. But there isn't any reason why he shouldn't, because S is a perfect gentleman (most of the time) and the sweetest, most loving guy I have ever met.

So on to Kentucky we go!

Next weekend, my aunt & uncle (they are also my godparents) will be in town from CT; the week after that, S's grandparents will be visiting Charleston; the weekend after that is Memorial Day weekend and we will be in NYC/CT where S will get to meet my entire family and all my friends from home for the first time; and lastly, the weekend after that (first weekend in June), we will be attending my first Charleston wedding for my friends Gingham and Tim. Busy busy busy!! Spring and Fall are always such busy times in Charleston, but I absolutely LOVE every second of it.









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time. I love that blue dress!! :)

 
Blogging tips