December 9, 2013

So much to do, so little time; The venue!

Still trying to get my blog caught up on the wedding planning process, a lot happened in such a short amount of time!

My main goal was to get all of the big vendors and decisions done/ made before the holidays so that we could enjoy this time with our families and not have to stress out about wedding planning.

First comes the ring, then the dress (or if you're me, vice versa haha), then we had to find the venue, photographer, DJ, bridesmaids dresses, caterer, register, and choose the wedding party. All which I can happily say are DONE!

A few weeks ago, actually just a few days after we got engaged, Shaun and I went to check out a venue that we had found online and had fallen in love with.

Living in Charleston, there are a million and one beautiful places to get married and this city has long been called one of the top wedding destinations. With that being said, I knew that I wanted to find something beautiful, but slightly off the beaten path to not only try and save a few bucks, but to try and have something slightly different than every other couple that's gotten married here.

The venue that we chose is Old Wide Awake Plantation in Hollywood, SC.

 Some additional photos that I took during our tour.

 Front of the house.

Side view.

 Looking up at the front of the house.

Beautiful sprawling porch..

 Looking out from the front porch.

Another porch view.

More porch..

The drive, leading up to the house.


Overall, the property is just perfect. There is a small pond with a fountain next to the house as well as a fire pit. There is also a park at the end of the road that lies right on the river, which will be perfect for photos!

These pictures can't even start to portray how beautiful it is and I know that with our personal touch, it will be a fairytale!




11 comments:

MCW said...

Love love love!

Eights on the Move said...

Oh my gosh, what a beautiful venue! Can't wait to see pics of you & your man in that gorgeous place!

Meg Taylor said...

Holy cow, that place is GORGEOUS!!! I cannot wait to read more about this whole process :) We just had our bridesmaid fitting yesterday!!

ty said...

That is so perfect. I might have to steal it for a destination wedding hahaa

Jen said...

Wow what a gorgeous place!

Ashley said...

It's just so gorgeous there! I'm so glad you got it. I know your wedding will be beautiful.

Lindsay Erin said...

Love the venue!! Gorgeous!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Ridiculously gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie said...

A is going to be one awesome venue! So pretty and just delightful!

Alejandra said...

That's so beautiful! I can't wait to see some wedding photos! I miss the South!

Miranda Pridgeon said...

Oh. my. gosh. That venue is breathtaking! I would have LOVED to have had my wedding there. You made a great choice for sure. It's going to be so beautiful!
-Miranda
hurryupandwaitusmc.blogspot.com

 
Blogging tips