December 5, 2013

Wedding Planning Update: The Dress!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, I know we did! We spent the long weekend in Eastern Kentucky at Shaun's mamaw and papaw's house. We also got to visit with lots of family and talk wedding plans :)

On Monday, after we got back into town, I went to meet with our wedding planner for the first time. She is the event coordinator at our venue and I couldn't be more excited to work with someone so knowledgeable. I have a vision, but there is no doubt that I will need a little help carrying it out.

 
 Now, you may recall that I went home to CT back in October to visit my cousin and her newborn little boy. While I was home, there was another very important event that took place. I said "YES" to the dress!


You might be thinking right now, "hey, you weren't even engaged in October" and here's where I say, "that is true, but..." You see, Shaun and I have been talking about getting married for at least a year now.

We had already talked a ton about getting married in April, especially since he is due to get transferred around that time. Back in October, I still had no idea what his plans were for our engagement, but I knew that if we were to get married in April, I had to get on shopping for a wedding dress.

With a little more discussion, Shaun gave me the okay to go dress shopping with my mama while I was home since the next time I would be in CT would be Christmas. At that point, it would most likely be too late to order a dress for an April wedding.

I had been scouring the internet for weeks by that point and yes, I was that girl that had the wedding Pinterest board before I had the ring. Hey, at least I knew exactly the type of dress that I would be looking for and I quickly found that I was in LOVE with the Watters line.


Once home in CT, I looked up to see who in the area carried the Watters line of dresses and found April Rose, however, it wasn't until after I had already had two unsuccessful visits to two other bridal shops. Once we got to April Rose, I knew that I was going to find my dress there.

I tried on at least ten different Watters dresses and while I loved them all, there was only one that I knew was the one. I honestly didn't think that I would cry when I found my dress, but it actually turned out to be a really emotional moment.

I had been picturing myself in a white dress for some time and when I saw myself in THE dress, I just absolutely knew.


Here are some of the beautiful dresses that I tried on, but you'll have to wait until after the wedding to see the one that I chose!!



Hope you are all having a wonderful week!




7 comments:

Jen said...

Wow these dresses are stunning. I can't wait to see what you chose.

Eights on the Move said...

They are all gorgeous! Is the ONE in that compilation?! I signed the contract for our venue before we were engaged too :) You gotta do what ya gotta do! Thanks for sharing!!

Megan said...

They are all beautiful!

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

How exciting! Those are all beautiful... my fave is the 2nd Dr the left on the top!

Lisa C said...

I'm sure whatever you picked is gorgeous!

Alejandra said...

Ah. I can't wait to see what you chose!!! The anticipation is going to kill me until then! LOL

Stephanie said...

Those are all so beautiful!

 
Blogging tips