June 26, 2013

*Bright, Summery, Lemon Bars*

If you are looking for the perfect summer dessert, I have a great recipe for you! Last weekend, we attended a friend's cookout and I brought along these little slices of heaven. They will not disappoint!
  

Lemon Bars


Prep: 15 minutes
Baking time: 50 minutes, at 350 degrees

Ingredients:

Crust:
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, at room temperature

Filling:
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups sugar
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh squeezed (approx. 2 lemons)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. For crust: In a large mixing bowl, blend together flour and powdered sugar. Add butter and combine with flour/ sugar mixture - it should have a "dough-like" consistency.
3. Press dough into the bottom of a 9x11 baking dish, covering the bottom. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. For filling: While crust is baking, you can get a head start on the filling. In a large mixing bowl, cream together eggs and sugar. Once thoroughly incorporated, add the 4 T of flour and 4 T of lemon juice. Mix well.
5. When crust is finished baking, give the filling mixture one more stir to make sure all ingredients are blended well. Pour filling mixture over the hot crust and place in the over for an additional 25 minutes.
6. Once the squares are finished, let cool for about 10 minutes then garnish with sprinkled powdered sugar. Cut into square and serve.


These bars have quickly become one of my summertime faves, hope you enjoy them as much as I do!

Don't forget, I am having an online Pampered Chef party this week and there are some GREAT items for baking! I am taking orders through tomorrow!


9 comments:

Meg said...

Oh man these look soooooo good! I love lemon in the summer :)

Anonymous said...

Oh goodness! I've been on a lemon kick lately and am going to HAVE to make these! Thanks for sharing.

Laura at Simply Lowcountry said...

These look so good!! Lemon is delicious for summer time!

xo-Laura

www.simplylowcountry.com

Chelsea Phelps said...

I need to try these! I have been craving all things lemon lately!

Christina said...

I have not had a lemon bar since HIGH SCHOOL! That is a darn shame.

Jen said...

These look so good! Thanks for sharing.

Janelle Cook said...

These look fantastic! I am hooked to anything lemon... will be trying these soon! :)

Janelle

Kristen said...

Mmm these look so good! I've never had lemon bars before so I'll definitely have to try these!

B @ then there was we said...

These look so good! I might have to make them for our next work get together. :)

 
Blogging tips