February 13, 2018

Journey to Baby H #2.

If you’ve been reading my blog for the last couple years (I know there isn’t always that much to read), you may know about our infertility story and what the journey was like to conceive our son.

We always knew that we wanted more kids and we were really hoping that #2 would come a lot easier. After actively trying again for several months, we decided to consult with a new RE and get the ball rolling since it didn’t look like it was going to happen naturally again.

We tried a couple months of Clomid and timed intercourses, but that didn’t work. The next step was to go straight to what worked when we got pregnant with Caden - FSH injections and IUI.

Our new doctor recommended using Femara in conjunction with FSH injections so that was to be our next step.

Last month, we got all the prescriptions lined up and when it came time to schedule the IUI, we found through an ultrasound that I had possibly ovulated already. We decided to cancel the IUI since it would be pointless to do it at that point. I was really bummed since we had been trying to get to the point where we could try IUI again since October/ November. 

After last month’s mishap, we decided to try the same medication protocol and schedule the ultrasound earlier so we could stay on top of things. I’m happy to say that the timing worked out much better and we are scheduled to do our first IUI for baby #2 on Thursday.

I’m praying that the timing is better this month and that what worked before will work again! Please send lots of prayers and positive thoughts.<3


Jen said...

Sending lots of good thoughts your way!!!!! Hugs!

Kelly said...

Thank you, Jen!!💕

Blogging tips