December 10, 2012

Weekend Update :)

Happy Monday y'all. Sorry to get this done so late.. I decided to call out sick this morning because I wasn't feeling that great. I didn't sleep very well last night and I was feeling a little nauseous this morning, not to mention crampy. I slept in a little, had breakfast then decided I felt good enough to go for a run. All sick credibility, out the window. I'm also scheduled for training tonight and still plan on going so guess I'm not really sick hah.

I would love to lay down and take a little power nap before working out later, however, the sweet tea I was craving at lunch is keeping me from doing so. I did get a lot done though this afternoon. I got some errands done and my ornaments out for the SW Ornament Swap (oops! a little late, sorry y'all!)

Our Christmas cards also came in the mail from Shutterfly which was awesome because I didn't think they'd come this fast! I'm really excited to send them out :)

PS - This is the last day to sign up for my $50 giveaway to Shutterfly! There is still some time to get a few last minute gifts!

Weekend Update:

Friday night was my work Christmas party downtown. It wasn't all that exciting, but it was free dinner and open bar (wine & beer) and we got to get dressed up, so why not? That ended kind of early so we headed out for a drink at Proof then on to meet up with some friends afterward.

Saturday was kind of low key. We hung out at home most of the day then went to Red's at Bohicket for dinner. We were thinking about going to the Festival of Lights at JICP that night, but the traffic was so ridiculous that we opted to go home and watch Christmas movies instead :) We decided on Disney's A Christmas Carol and we all fell asleep :p

First thing Sunday morning, S and I took Gunner for a run then went to church and brunch at Water's Edge at Shem Creek (one of our fave brunch places!) The weather was beautiful so we decided to take Gunner to Folly Beach and he had an absolute ball. It was the first time that we took him to the beach since my little slip & fall accident. It was nice to be able to let him run off his leash and burn some puppy energy! He passed out in the back seat long before we got home.

For dinner, we went over to my friend Kristin's house. On occasion we do a Sunday night dinner with our group of friends and she invited us all over for lasagna. It was really nice to get together and catch up with everyone. I am hosting Sunday night dinner next week and the theme is 'Christmas dinner'. It will be the 2nd annual since I did it last year, too. I love having everyone over right before the holiday and before everyone travels home to see their families.

This weekend has been carefree, yet a little stressful. S and I are both traveling home next week for the holiday and we have lots to do before then. The apartment needs a very thorough cleaning, Gunner has to go to the vet, Christmas shopping needs to get done, etc., etc., etc. On top of all that, a friend of S's from Washington decided that he wanted to drop in on us this past weekend. S agreed to let him come stay for the weekend (he got in Thurs. night) and we thought he was going to be leaving Sunday morning. Well he didn't. Then yesterday, he mentioned something about staying until Tuesday or possibly Wednesday. That's not exactly what I wanted to hear and being extremely last minute already, I was not at all prepared for this. Don't get me wrong, I love having visitors, when they don't overstay their welcome. It wouldn't really be that big of a deal I guess, but he is being very persistent and getting almost upset that we aren't just rushing to rearrange our schedules for him when we already have a lot to do. I can sense S's frustration and mine is building as well. Ugh. I hate to say it, but I hope he leaves tomorrow :(

The whole situation is just awkward. S told him in the first place that it wasn't a good time, then he just goes on ahead and comes anyway then decides to stay longer than expected.

Anyway, enough complaining for now. I am off to workout #2 of the day and I will leave you with some pictures from the Christmas parade last weekend :)





3 comments:

Caitlin A. Cleland said...

I can remember our pups' first few beach visits! Take lots of pictures because they really do grow up so fast!

Jen said...

Unexpected visitors are never an ideal situation. I hope he leaves sooner rather than later.

smug princess said...

It's even worse if they're messy! TJ had a friend visit a few weeks ago and I spent more time cleaning after he left than I did for his arrival. And he was only here 5 days. Ugh! Overstaying visitors suck the life out of you. Hopefully he's gone soon!

 
Blogging tips